By Angela Greenwood
Little did I know that meeting Jeff and Kathy Slaughter in 2002 would change my life.
But it was the beginning of a relationship that has strengthened hundreds of leaders throughout Europe.
My involvement began when Jeff asked me to organize a training event in Barcelona, Spain.
That invitation was a confirmation of what God had been stirring in my heart – for I knew that Spanish worship teams needed more training, equipping and support.
Through my work with the Slaughters and the European Worship Institute (EWI):
• I have learned that when leaders connect, healing and growth often follow.
• I have seen training events empower leaders with new skills while instilling confidence in existing skills.
• And I’ve watched leaders take the next steps in their ministries and leadership.
**EWI Events Create Space for Leaders**
Since organizing the Barcelona event, my involvement with the Slaughters and EWI has deepened.
Over the past eight years I have:
• Organized in-person and online training events in the Andalusian region of Spain
• Served as the assistant director of Immerse Worship Camp in Brussels
• And served on ConVerge teaching teams in Germany, Morocco, Spain and Portugal.
I love to see leaders and team members better equipped – both spiritually and practically. EWI events make that possible by creating space for leaders to grow, dream and hear from God.
**Volunteering with EWI Has Changed My Life and Ministry**
Through my work with the Slaughters and EWI, I am fulfilling a lifelong call to train, network and strengthen leaders in the European church.
Volunteering with EWI has truly changed my life and ministry. I am a stronger leader and my impact is greater.
I’m so thankful to be part of EWI and excited to see what God will do with this ministry in the future!
_Angela’s full-time mission is serving on staff of All Nations Christian Fellowship in El Puerto de Santa Maria in the Andalusian region of Spain._