We’re Jeff and Kathy Slaughter, missionaries to Europe serving with Cornerstone International of Jackson, Mississippi.
Because Europe has so few evangelicals, opportunities for leadership training are rare. This leaves the church weak and ineffective.
We offer training, networking and encouragement that ignites passion and strengthens the church.
We do this by:
- Developing training opportunities through workshops, seminars, conferences, camps and online masterminds.
- Identifying and training national leaders to organize training events.
- Modeling worship ministry by leading as a guest or interim worship leader.
Jeff graduated from East Texas Baptist College in 1983, earning a Bachelor of Applied Science degree with majors in business and public relations. Professionally, Jeff has worked as freelance writer and healthcare public relations manager.
Kathy graduated from Louisiana State University in 1985 with a Bachelor of Arts degree, specializing in elementary, secondary and special education. Before becoming a stay-at-home mom, she worked in homebound special-ed teaching.
Jeff and Kathy have three children: Kayleigh, Justin and Nicholas, one son-in-law, Phillip Plette, and three adorable grandchildren.
We remember the surprise of learning how few evangelical Christians and churches there are in Europe. And how because of this, leadership development opportunities are rare. The resulting lack of competent and confident leaders weakens the church, decreasing its effectiveness.
Many of these leaders serve in small churches throughout Europe and do their best to lead with little training … all while working full-time jobs.
They are worship leaders, vocalists, techies, and creatives. And we understand them.
Many are insecure in their roles, feel alone, and without community … but their hearts burn to be encouraged, trained, and networked.
In fact, we saw this need expressed even greater during the pandemic. So anxious for connection and training, leaders throughout Europe eagerly joined zoom calls for mastermind groups, worship conferences, and even online piano lessons!
Even with their churches closed during strict lockdowns, these leaders sought opportunities for training, networking and encouragement!
Our training ministry began as a one-off seminar in Brussels to encourage the few leaders we felt we could touch. We expected a few, but more than 125 showed up!
That was the beginning of a growing call on our lives to serve God’s purposes in Europe. Over two decades, it has opened doors to:
- Establish the European Worship Institute, through which we have organized more than 75 training events in nine European countries as well as Turkey, Morocco and Indonesia.
- Serve as worship pastor of a 500-member international church in Brussels, Belgium.
- Serve on the church planting team for a new international church in Paris, France.
- Tour with EXO, a popular French worship band, in Europe, Africa and the Caribbean.
The last 22 years have been exciting and fruitful. But there is much more to be done. There are many more churches, leaders and teams who need training, networking and encouragement.
We dream about seeing these leaders:
* Grow in their faith and skills so that they feel confident and qualified.
* Build community so that they feel connected to others.
* Encouraged so that they are inspired to serve long-term.
Ignite passion and strengthen the European Church with us!
Because Europe has so few evangelical Christians and churches, opportunities for leadership training are rare. This leaves the church weak and ineffective. We offer training, networking and encouragement that ignites passion and strengthens the church.
Would you be willing to pray and have God lead you to make the most sacrificial gift you can to provide training, networking and encouragement for European leaders?